Noble Bean Organic Tempeh
Tempeh is fermented soy food that originated on the island of Java in Indonesia. It’s made with a fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake, sort of like a veggie burger patty. The fermentation of soybeans really brings out their nutritional value making it superior to tofu. It contains more vitamins, dietary fiber, and protein than tofu.
Noble Bean tempeh is delicious. It's nutty flavor and firm texture makes it a great meat alternative and perfect addition to any healthy meal. Steaming, baking, and frying are all popular ways of preparing tempeh. It can also be incorporated into stews, soups, and grilled kebabs.
- Tempeh is comparable to chicken in terms of quantity and quality of protein but with zero cholesterol. It’s a complete protein, containing all of the essential amino acids. .
- Tempeh is high in B-vitamins, calcium, essential fatty acids, fiber and healthy enzymes. It contains soy isoflavones that strengthen bones and reduce risk of coronary heart disease.
- Tempeh maintains all the fiber of the beans and gains some digestive benefits from the enzymes created during the fermentation process..
- Tempeh has a meatier texture and richer flavor than tofu and is better suited to replace meat in most dishes..
- Tempeh is a cultured (fermented) food and this makes it easier to digest. The fermentation process eliminates the substance in the beans that cause gas and indigestion (oligosaccharides) and adds B complex vitamins..